fter analysing the existing website, Zolv identified that Shearings were missing valuable opportunities to cross-sell and up-sell. Previously, holiday offerings were separated by coach, air, cruise or self-drive, giving the customer limited choice and reducing the ability to showcase the breadth of Shearings' product range.
- Winner of the Coach Operator Website of the Year award 2012
- WTP deployment on Amazon Cloud infrastructure
- Optimised web delivery; caching, minification & CDN
- Integration with Toccata bespoke booking engine
- Integrated product & content management
- Special offer & promotion management
- Multi-site, multi-user delivery
- High performance availability cache & search
- Information architecture
- New booking engine
- Usability prototyping
- Booking flow optimisation
Zolv took a daunting task and showed us that it really didn't have to be complicated
Kevin Milnes, Head of E-commerce, Shearings
By putting its Web Travel Platform at the heart of the new site, Zolv transformed how Shearings presented its products; providing new ways to engage customers by producing promotional content that can be quickly adapted to capitalise on trends, seasons, and events.
As with all Zolv projects, Shearings' websites are dynamic and continue to evolve in response to business demands and changing products. New features are being introduced to the website regularly, with richer content and lots of opportunities for up-selling and cross-selling, making the user experience more fulfilling and driving ever-improving conversion rates. The results speak for themselves: unique visitors to the website increased by 14% within one year, with bookings up 16% and an increase in revenue of 20%.